Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My very own handmade card

This is the card I made for my sister on mother's day... She has done so many things for me that I can not begin to describe.... 



On a cardboard with creases I placed a beige paper that I had previously burned around the edges. ( The black markings over the paper were done with the flame of a candle). I sketched out a cup out of a starbucks card and cut it out. With a price tag I wrote "Sister" and then I also put a brown-wooden like button on the side. 

One the inside I drew A heart on a piece of cardboard and then I glued a map of England from an old book I got at the $1 bookstore on top. Behind it I put the cup-holder from a coffee shop to make it stand out...I hanged a price tag saying "you are here" with brown thread for about three times.


~The right side of the card I left for writing.... I wrote on the beige paper and then I burned it like I had done in the front of the card.   (ALL WRITING ON THIS CARD WAS DONE IN BLACK SHARPIE)



I got the "idea" from the following picture I found in the web:
(This is also where I got the font for the front of the card.)



No comments:

Post a Comment