Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The amazing Beatrix Potter: A Journal

A must see movie: Miss Potter starring Renee Zellweger, Ewan McGregor, Emily Watson


I wanted to read this book for the longest time...

I was lucky enough to get my hands on the only copy available at my local library...

I wanted to read it before deciding whether or not to add it to my personal library... Turns out I definitely want it... What a surprise! <sarcastic remark>

On a more serious note: This book contains photographs, original sketches, paintings and  handwritten diary entries by Potter herself. All in all, it explains how she started to write her own stories and then came to publish them with Frederick Warne & Co.

I am sad to say that the surprise at the end cover of this book was missing. There was supposed to be a privately printed edition of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit". I guess it will have to stay a surprise until I get my hands on my own copy of this astonishing book of  Potter's recollections into the "printing" world.

I definitely want to get my hands on:
A beautiful paperback edition featuring early still-life studies, sketches of pets and places, microscopic paintings of insects and fungi, country views and interiors, fantasy pictures, as well as miniature vignettes characteristic of her book illustrations and the impressionistic landscapes of her later years.

No comments:

Post a Comment